7 Tips About Your Invisalign Treatment
Most people find Invisalign treatment to be an easy, comfortable experience. When you want the best experience and the best results, you can start with some tips.
- You must be conscientious about tooth brushing. You’ll need to remove your aligners before each meal and snack, and brush your teeth before reinserting the aligners. You should make sure there are no small food particles on or between your teeth.
- Aligners must be worn 22 hours a day. As they work by putting pressure on your teeth so teeth gradually move into place, wear them while you sleep as well as throughout the day. Aligners should only be removed when you eat, and when you drink hot liquids.
- Aligners must be cleaned properly. Don’t use your regular toothpaste. Instead, clean the braces with soapy warm water and a soft toothbrush.
- Invisalign braces only cost a little more than traditional metal braces. When you consider all the benefits, you’ll know it’s worth the cost.
- When you eat at work, school, restaurants, or a friend’s house, you might feel awkward about removing your aligners. This shouldn’t be a problem. Simply go into a restroom, remove the braces, and place them in the storage case while you eat.
- After your treatment is over, you’ll need to wear a retainer for a period of time. The length of time will depend on a number of factors. It’s important to do this, though, because the retainer will keep your teeth in their proper position.
- Retainers are made of a special material. Medical-grade polyurethane resin is much different than plastic. This material is effective in keeping your teeth aligned so the results from your treatment can be permanent.
You may have more questions about Invisalign, and what to expect during and after your treatment. If you don’t find the answer on our website, we’ll be happy to provide all the information you need when you come in for an appointment. We want you to be satisfied with your experience, so call Dr Salman office today to set up a convenient appointment for you, and be ready to meet you when you come to our office.